Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
Individuals identified with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) must meet 3 categories: social impairment, language impairment & repetitive/restrictive behaviours.
Effects on Learning:
- Development of skills may progress atypically
- Affects attention & interaction
- Interrupts understanding and difficulty in perspective taking
- Emotional control & regulation
- Social Interaction Training
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Impulse & Emotional Training
- Functional Communication Training
However, ASD should not be confused with Social Pragmatic Communication Disorder (SCD). Our professional team of EPs whom can arrange further support post-diagnosis.