Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is often characterized with symptoms from the following 3 categories of attention disorders:
Children suffering from ADHD often lack certain executive function skills, and therefore might have difficulty succeeding in learning.
Effects on Learning:
- Divided or distracted attention
- Difficulty in task completion
- Communicative misunderstanding
- Disruptive in class
- Solution-Focused Therapy
- Goal Directed Intensive Therapy
- Impulse & Emotional Regulation Training
- Higher-Order Thinking Skills
Being involved is necessary as a parent; when your child suffers from ADHD parental involvement is even more crucial and being supportive is the first step.
Connecting with the school setting & supporters may benefit your child by enhancing his learning experience and social interaction.